Tennis World Foundation offers a 3 phase tennis development programme for marginalised children in South Africa, Mauritius, Tanzania and Italy. The programme combines both broad-based tennis exposure in schools, with more specialised team and individual tennis development. We work closely with specialised partners in each of these countries, to insure that we reach the children that really need our support.
The programme starts off in Phase 1 with tennis orientation and group coaching of grade 3 learners as part of their compulsory curriculum in school time. In Phase 2 we develop a team at each school that trains after school with professional coaches. Phase 3 focusses on elevating the talented players to a more individual coaching and support programme.
TWF aims to achieve the following objectives through our services:
- To develop lifeskills and leadership amongst vulnerable children, through the game of tennis
- To identify and support youth tennis talent
- To promote tennis as a sport for everyone and not just the privileged
- To introduce tennis to schools in developing countries
- To advance the sport of tennis